New Year’s, Schnew Year’s
So last year, these were my goals:
Job: Fix it.
10-20 lbs. Damn the holidays.
Change attitude / Be nicer.
See some good movies. Blog about them.
Network / Be more sociable.
Grrr. Well, the skydiving thing happened.
I also started down the path towards a number of these goals, but I think I need to set up some more stiff rules if I’m going to be able to call myself successful. I think I’m going to adhere to one Golden Rule, and then set real tasks to accomplish.
Golden Rule: Stop talking about it. Do it.
- Apply for and begin MBA program. Can’t hurt.
- Read 10 books.
- Watch movies and blog about them. (I’ll be revising my Top 1000 Film goals shortly.)
- Back up computer data. Too much to lose.
- Sigh. 10-20 lbs again.
- Two-year goal: Whitewater raft by 2010.
- See the Cubs win the World Series.
That last one is probably out of my control, but gotta turn over a new leaf and be positive, right?