Top 1000 Films: New assignment
In an effort to get my self-enforced assignment on watching the top 1000 movies back on a quarterly calendar, I have given myself 8 movies to watch in 4 months, at the rate of approximately 1 movie every two weeks.
That means that the next due date will be September 30, 2008, and will consist of the following:
- #77 Ikiru (Kurosawa, 1952)
- #94 To Be or Not to Be (Lubitsch, 1942)
- #114 Manhattan (Allen, 1979)
- #118 Red Shoes, The (Powell/Pressburger, 1948)
- #195 Performance (Roeg/Cammell, 1970)
- #202 It Happened One Night (Capra, 1934)
- #262 Shoot the Piano Player (Truffaut, 1960)
- #265 Kiss Me Deadly (Aldrich, 1955)
At first glance, I see a very unchallenging list, so perhaps I’m feeling uninspired. Also, some of these feel like glaring omissions that I wish to correct ASAP.
As always, feedback is appreciated.
Posted on June 2, 2008, in Top 1000 and tagged ikiru, it happened one night, kiss me deadly, manhattan, performance, red shoes, shoot the piano player, to be or not to be, Top 1000. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.