Remembering 2007 in list form
Thankfully, I don’t have to do the list of lists, because Rex at Fimoculous already has.
Lists of particular importance to me:
- Asshole of the Year 2007: I’m guessing George Bush edges out Michael Vick in a gripping finale.
- Time’s and LA Times’ Top Children’s Books: Mo Willems, kids author extraordinaire, gets a mention in each. My son will tell you, he and his pigeon rock.
- All the film and DVD lists, especially the Independent Spirit Awards. The smart money should be on this year’s indie darling Diablo Cody to take the best first screenplay award.
- Music: My Old Kentucky Blog’s Favorite 50 Albums and Gorilla vs. Bear’s Favorite Songs. What can I say? They’ve got great taste, even if they’re complete pimps for Panda Bear. There are lots of worthy blogs/sites/publications joining in too, and they’re worth perusing.
- The 100 Unsexiest Men. Whew, here’s to another year under the radar. Props for the inclusion of Ann Coulter.
- Time’s Top 10 Awkward Moments. Cause I really need to see Miss South Carolina’s buffoonery again. (Actually, Miss SC is on about 100 of these lists, so in case you’ve been living in a cave, you can finally catch it.)
These lists get updated well into 2008 too, so check back often.