Forgive me, but you’re getting the short version of recently-viewed flicks. Again.
- 9/8: Breakfast on Pluto (Neil Jordan, 2005) 2.0 ~ Cillian Murphy is decent, but the movie’s a drag. Oh, the punniness.
- 9/4: /Adam’s Rib/ (George Cukor, 1949) 4.0 ~ Hepburn/Tracy duke it out. Always engaging.
- 9/3: /Little Miss Sunshine/ (Jonathan Dayton, Valerie Faris, 2006) 3.5 ~ Rewatch. Loses something on a second viewing, but I’m sticking with my rating.
- 8/30: The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Steven Spielberg, 1997) 1.5 ~ Hey, there’s a second island? What a contrived mess.
- 8/28: Days of Heaven (Terrence Malick, 1978) 4.0 ~ Even though the theatre’s sound quality was awful, the poetry shone through. Demands a rewatch.
- 8/28: Inside Man (Spike Lee, 2006) 2.5 ~ Rather formulaic and not particularly spectacular. My rating might be the result of critical overhype.
- 8/24: Wait Until Dark (Terence Young, 1967) 2.5 ~ Other than Alan Arkin in a creepy performance, seemed pretty lackluster.
Comments? Desire further discussion? Askmeaskmeaskme…